1986 to 1991

Lane Williams' first custom home design, created in 1986, wins the AIA/Seattle Times Home of the Year Award, followed by a Pacific Coast Builder's conference award for Best Custom Home, establishing Lane as a voice in Seattle's emerging modern home design realm. Lane becomes a Principal Architect in a 25 person firm, where he is responsible for several more new home designs. Lane moves into his own new custom home on Seattle's Queen Anne Hill in 1988, with another nomination for the AIA/Seattle Times Home of the Year Award.


1992 to 1995

Lane Williams Architects opens its doors, located in the lower level of Lane's home, and Lane is joined by the first of his many intern architects. The first completed design by Lane Williams Architects is honored with an AIA/Seattle Times Home of the Year Award in 1993, followed by another in 1995. The winning project is featured on the cover of Pacific Magazine, one of several cover stories featuring our work in regional publications.


1996 to 2004

The firm grows to Lane plus three staff and moves to larger quarters in Lane's second home on Queen Anne, a mid-century modern brick home on the south slope. We complete our first out-of-state projects and our work becomes widely published in national magazines. Our staff outgrows the house and we temporarily rent offices nearby while Lane seeks another property.


2005 to 2009

Our studio is relocated to new offices next to Lane's third home on Queen Anne, a new house at the intersection of First Avenue North and McGraw Street. Jill Lewis, AIA, becomes a Principal, after many years on our staff. The company is given a new name, Coop 15, referring to our "coop" at 15 McGraw Street. Jill leaves for new opportunities in China, and later settles in Argentina.


2010 to 2014

Lane's fourth home is at 2214 Queen Anne Avenue North, in a renovated 1907 residence that was formerly a clock repair shop, and our offices occupy the main floor. Our work is now a frequent feature on national and international websites and design blogs, such as ArchDaily and HOUZZ.


2014 to present

Lane's fifth home on Queen Anne is a remodeled 1925 Brick Tudor, at 2420 8th Avenue West, with offices once again located in the lower level. By now, 12 of Lane's former staff have gone on to successfully start their own firms -- but Marlo Brown, Trevor Dykstra, and Kellen White still remain!